Sometimes the long weekends of winter can cause even winter lovers to go stir crazy. Luckily we live in a great town that leads to several great spots throughout the state for winter trips. From a week long vacation to a quick two-day getaway, these great spots will help you feel refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of winter.
Great Winter Escapes
30 Minute Drive from Auburn, CA
- Sacramento – Great winter getaways don’t always have to be about snow. Just 30 minutes from Auburn, CA, Sacramento is perfect for a weekend getaway. Museums, wineries, 32 miles of bike trails, and hundreds of restaurants make Sacramento perfect for a family getaway or a quick romantic weekend away.
- Folsom Lake State Park – If you enjoy a little tranquility without having to travel for hours, Folsom Lake State Park is a great place to visit. Swimming, windsurfing, fishing, and historical markers allow for plenty of time out in the sun and fresh air. Family campsites and RV camping provide for easy accommodation.
1 Hour Drive from Auburn, CA
- Georgetown, CA – This historical town, Georgetown, CA, is located on the edge of Eldorado National Forest. Small restaurants and quaint lodging are just a short drive away to the gate of the National Forest and hiking and exploring. Perfect for both a winter or summer getaway, Georgetown is a slow-paced getaway, perfect for a relaxing and refreshing weekend.
2+ Hours from Auburn CA
- Nakoma Resort – Surrounded by lakes, rivers, and the Sierra Nevada, the Nakoma Resort is a great getaway and just a little over two hours from Nakoma. Activities including hiking, biking, golf, and fishing keep guests entertained. Don’t forget winter fun at Nakoma – tubing, snowshoeing, and family fun in the snow can help break up those long winter months.
- Lassen Volcanic National Park – A range of lodging including Drakesbad Guest Ranch, camping cabins, and a campground make staying at Lassen Volcanic National Park easy. Plenty of outside fun including backpacking, hiking, boating, stargazing, and snowshoeing in the winter make this a great destination no matter what time of year it is.
- North Lake Tahoe – Winter sports are huge in North Lake Tahoe. From winter skiing to great shopping when you are not on the slopes. Accommodations are taken care of with options including bed & breakfasts, large resorts, and everything in between.
If you are in the Auburn, CA area and looking for storage for your winter skis and equipment, we can help. The team at Copper Knoll Mini-Storage offers a range of storage options to help you stay organized all year long.