While California may not have a reputation for being a Fall destination, there is plenty to see and do in the Fall. The great part about a Fall road trip is that many places in our beautiful state are uncrowded this time of year. From Yosemite to the vineyards, check out some of these great fall road trips.
Fall for California on One of These Road Trips
Fall for California all over again with these beautiful Autumn road trips.
- Ukiah – Explore the redwoods in Ukiah. You may not think as California as a top fall destination but the foliage explodes here in the Fall in Ukiah. Enjoy the small town feel while you walk in the forest, soak up the mineral baths and enjoy a delicious meal or two. The Mendocino tree is number 8 out of 19 things to do in Ukiah.
- The Eastern Sierra Area – There is plenty of colors to catch in the Eastern Sierra area. Enjoy chilly afternoon hikes, sit by the fire or take a dip in the local hot springs.
- Yosemite – Fall is an amazing time to visit Yosemite. Check out the Tuolumne Meadows, Wawona, Yosemite Valley, 3 days is the perfect time to catch the changing fall season at Yosemite. If you fancy some camping, reservations are easier to come by in Fall.
- Santa Ana – If you feel like venturing down south, Santa Ana is beautiful in the fall with its changing leaves and the Santa Ana Artists Village. Visit artist studios, folk art shops, dine in some of the great small restaurants and enjoy the funky laid back feel.
- Sonoma Coast – Spend some time on the windswept bluffs of Sea Ranch or head inland to check out the peaks covered in pines. Watch the fog roll in and enjoy the quietness that fall brings to the Sonoma Coast area.
- Anderson Valley – Did you know the vineyards colors change throughout fall as well? Anderson Valley is the perfect spot to relax, sip on some wine and enjoy farm fresh food. This uncrowded area is a great weekend getaway.
- Big Bear Lake – Nestled amongst the changing leaves in the San Bernardino Mountains and just a short drive from LA, Big Bear Lake is the perfect fall getaway. Walk amongst the changing leaves and spend time taking in the local beauty.
No matter which way you decide to roam when heading out on your California road trip, you are sure to discover that California many great fall destinations. If you love to explore California but you need space to store your vehicle, Copper Knoll Mini Storage can help with all your storage needs. Contact our storage experts today!